Thursday

The calm along the fire

On October 28th I took some pictures, of a controlled fire, our community fire department had set. The house they had burned down was infested with cockroaches, fecal matter, and garbage. Bug spray just wasn't going to cut it. So the city had decided to have the house burned from outside in. It took a few hours and the men did a great job controlling the fire.

The men who work for our city's fire department are all volunteers. They do not get paid to risk their lives on the job to protect and help our community. So since I had the opportunity to take some photos, I did! Not only did I just take photos, I also picked one photo that I liked the best and did a digital painting of it. I have it being printed out on a 20X30 boxed canvas. Once it arrives in the mail I am going to donate it to the men, at the fire department, who serve our community on a regular basis. Here is what the painting looks like.
I love how among all this chaos, there is still calm. (Symbolic of chaos with the fire/firemen, symbolic of calm with the cherry tree watching them. By Mary Katlin)


What is something you have donated to your community? Have you ever done any volunteer work?

No comments: